Astor Library Bldg.

425 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003

Built in 1854, by John Jacob Astor and Joeseph Cogswell, the Astor Library was the original site of the New York Public Library. After the public library moved to its new location next to Bryant Park, the city purchased the building and it was converted to a theater now known as the Public Theater.

LATEST SPOTLIGHTS

LATEST EVENTS

LATEST NEWS

LATEST HISTORY