While most of NoHo's restaurants, cafes, and bars are temporarily closed, many are still open for takeout and delivery. We strongly encourage you to call the restaurant directly or visit them for takeout if possible, as third party delivery services often charge high fees on restaurants. It's important to note that delivevry and takeout is completely safe to consume. More details on the safety of eating out are at the bottom of this article.
- ATLA: This neighborhood favorite is coming back soon. Check back on this page for updates.
- Bohemian: NoHo's exclusive, referral-only izakaya Bohemian is now offering delivery through Caviar.
Café Angelique: From 8:00 – 4:00 on Monday trough Friday, Café Angelique is open for delivery, takeout, and curbside pickup. The normal food and drink menu is available. Please place order by phone at (212) 475-3500 or through GrubHub or Seamless.
- Chipotle: Free delivery is offered for orders of at least $10 through the end of the month at chipotle.com/freedelivery. The NoHo location is also open for takeout from 11:00 – 10:00 every day.
- Fish Cheeks: While they're serving an updated menu, you get 25% when you order delivery or takeout from Fish Cheeks through Uber Eats or GrubHub from 12:00 to 8:30 daily. They’re also offering gift card specials, get a $50 gift card for $35 or a $100 gift card for just $75.
- Donut Pub: Get your favorite donuts delivered from 6:00 – 9:00 PM through Seamless, Door Dash, Postmates, and GrubHub. Nationwide shipping is also available with Gold Belly.
- Han’s Deli: Open around the clock with a hot bar, deli, and prepared foods, Han’s Deli is a great option for takeout and a quick meal.
- Honeybrains: From 8:00 – 8:00 daily, Honeybrains is open for takeout and delivery with their full, normal menu. However, this neighborhood favorite recently launched a new Family Style Menu to make family feeding easier in this time. Show them some love and grab your favorite healthy bowl.
- Le Basket: With a hot bar, deli, and prepared foods, Le Basket is open around the clock for takeout. They also offer delivery over the phone at (212) 420-9772 or through Seamless.
- Le Pain Quotidien: From 7:00 – 5:00 on weekdays, and 8:00 – 5:00 on Saturday and Sunday, Le Pain Quotidien is open for takeout with their full normal menu.
- Levain Bakery: Cookie destination Levain Bakery is open from 8:00 - 8:00 every day for takeout and delivering through Caviar.
- McDonald’s: McDonald’s is open around the clock for takeout and for McDeliver on Uber Eats.
- NoHo Juice Bar and Deli: This Mercer Street gem is offering takeout from 7:00 - 7:00 Monday through Friday. Their full menu of juices, Middle Eastern food, and deli staples is available.
- Pressed Juicery: The NoHo location of Pressed Juicery is open from 10:00 - 5:00 daily and offering free delivery on orders over $40.
- Quartino Bottego Organico: This natural Italian favorite is open for takeout and delivery with a limited menu served from 12:00 - 8:00 daily. To place an order please call (212) 529-5133 or place an order with Postmates or Uber Eats.
- Torien: Sake, Nigori, and Soboro Don are available from 11:00 - 9:00 daily, place an order by call or text to (646) 520-8497.
- Wendy’s: Wendy’s is open with their normal hours of 6:30 - 11:00 daily and serving up their normal menu. Free delivery is also available through GrubHub and Postmates.
The North Carolina State University's Food Safety Team created the below FAQ addressing COVID-19 and concern regarding takeout and delivery (source):
IS CORONAVIRUS A CONCERN FOR TAKEOUT?
CDC, FDA and USDA are not aware of any reports at this time that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging. Current evidence shows the biggest risk of transmission of COVID-19 is being around individuals who are symptomatic (and to a lesser extent, infected but not showing symptoms.) Food businesses should be following employee health policies and health department recommendations to keep these individuals home.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF FOOD FROM TAKEOUT OR DRIVE-THRU FOOD?
There is no current indication that takeout or drive-thru meals will increase illness. This option is a good risk management choice, especially for high risk and elderly groups because it helps maintain social distancing and reduces the number of touch points.
CAN I GET COVID-19 FROM TOUCHING FOOD OR PACKAGING EXPOSED TO CORONAVIRUS?
The risk of transfer of viruses is very low, based on current research. To further minimize risk, handling food packaging should be followed by hand washing and/or using hand sanitizer.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF FOOD DELIVERED TO HOME?
Similar to takeout, food delivery helps maintain social distancing and reduces the number of touch points between preparation and serving of food. Many delivery programs have also instituted no touch/no interaction options, which further reduces risk.
WHAT HAPPENS IN YOUR BODY IF YOU DO INGEST CORONAVIRUS THROUGH FOOD?
If you consume food that is contaminated with coronavirus, your stomach acid should inactivate the virus since it is very acidic (pH 2.0). Even if your stomach acid did not inactivate the virus, there is no evidence the virus causing COVID-19 can start infecting through the gastrointestinal tract. The only possible way to get sick is if, during eating, the virus comes in contact with a specific type respiratory cells. This scenario is highly unlikely and not concerning given what is known about modes of transmission currently discussed regarding COVID-19