On May 27, 2020, the NoHo BID, along with other BIDs in the area, brought lunch for the NYC Department of Sanitation workers at Garage 2, who have been working hard to keep our districts clean. In the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the BID recognizes and appreciates all the undertakings of our essential workers—particularly those in sanitation who are ensuring our streets remain clean, safe, and attractive even if public life has come to a pause. Though a small effort, the BID is would like to continue to support the many people who have worked hard to help the district in this rough time.
The BIDs purchased a variety of offerings from the following food and beverage destinations:
- NoHo BID: Healthy Bowls from Honeybrains
- SoHo Broadway: Snacks & Drinks from Boxed
- Meatpacking District: Lunch Boxes from Feast on Us
- Hudson Square: Sandwiches from Getting Hungry
- Village Alliance: Lunch Boxes from Murray’s Bagels
- NoHo: Healthy Bowls from Honeybrains
All together, we were able to feed over 75 sanitation workers!